- GPA 3.7 and above (Freshmen and Transfers)
- ACT 27/SAT 1260 and above (Freshmen)
- No ACT/SAT? Minimum 3.9 GPA
If you want a program that will prepare you for advanced work in your field, this is the program for you.
What will the Honors Program do for you?
- Offers undergraduate research opportunities
- Builds one on one relationships with professors in your major
- Develops a close knit honors community
- Provides conference and presentation experience
- Features an off-campus study experience and a special project or Honors Thesis which set you apart from your peers and prepares you for exciting opportunities when you graduate
Integrated Curriculum with almost no add-on credits
- In the Honors Program at UM-Flint, you complete many of your general education requirements via core courses in the Honors Program while following your regular curriculum with other students in your major
- The seven Honors Core Courses count as credits you would need to take anyway, even if you were not in the Honors Program
Funded Off campus Study: A Unique Experience
- You will receive up to $3,000 funding for an off campus study experience in the summer of your junior or senior year
- You may participate in a study abroad program, an internship, a field study, or any other special project in your major
- You will open new worlds of experience. Our students have traveled to Japan, Italy, Germany, Australia, China, Canada, and many other countries or have chosen to stay closer to home in Michigan or another state in the US
Our Results: 100% Acceptance in most programs
- Through targeted mentorship and advising, starting in your sophomore year, we set you on the path to achieve your graduate school or professional goals
- We have 100% acceptance into graduate and professional schools, and 97% acceptance into medical school (compared to 25% nationwide)
What do I need to take as a first semester freshman? It’s easy:
- Register for Honors 155 (5 credits) which count as three requirements: English 111, Humanities, and Prerequisite Course (Gateway Course) for the Honors Program
- All of your other courses are in your regular program.