The Promise Scholars Residential Learning Community
The Promise Scholar Program makes a University of Michigan degree accessible for a range of high school students. Promise Scholars enter UM-Flint as part of a Learning Community designed to be an exciting and supportive environment dedicated to academic success, personal development, and community engagement to college. Students have the opportunity to earn up to 6 free college credits as a part of the program.
The UM-Flint Promise Scholar Program seeks to retain and graduate competent and engaged citizens. Our curriculum is designed to help motivated students with diverse academic strengths and interests achieve their goals and be successful in all aspects of their lives at UM-Flint.
Please note, residents living within the Promise Scholars Residential Learning Community have been selected and are predetermined for the Promise Scholars Program. Scholars receive a housing scholarship for your first two years in the program, which will allow you to live on campus and be a part of a special living learning experience. Residents living within this community will be residing in our First Street Residence Hall.
- $2,000 stipend for each semester during the first 4 semesters.
- Housing scholarship the first two years in the program.
- Earn 6 free college credits during the Summer Bridge Program.
- Built in support network of peers and staff.
- A cohorted residential living & learning experience.
- Early access to the campus and its resources.
- Guidance, coaching, and advising from a dedicated team of staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Special Promise Scholar networking events with faculty and deans.
- A comprehensive curriculum designed specifically for Promise Scholars to aid in their holistic development and success
- The Promise Scholar Program is designed for students who display a desire and the potential to succeed in higher education.
- To be eligible for this program, students generally fall in the following ranges of GPA and standardized test score:
- 2.30 – 2.69 High School GPA (cumulative)
- 810 – 920 SAT Score or 15-17 ACT Score