Self-Service Timekeeping


Since 2009, the Flint Campus has been utilizing a self-service timekeeping system.  Self-Service timekeeping applies to all staff positions (regular, student and non-student temporaries) at the Flint Campus.  The timekeeping system allows each department to gather hours worked either from the employee’s entries to the system or the department may enter their employee’s time directly to the  payroll system.  In addition, self-service allows the department to approve timesheets electronically eliminating the requirement of paper timesheets.

Submitting Employee’s Time

There are three options for submit hours worked to the self-service time entry panels : 

  1. Require each employee to submit their hours worked directly into Wolverine Access.
  2. Require each employee to submit a hard copy timesheet to the department.  In turn the department will enter the hours worked into Wolverine Access.
  3. Require each employee to use a punch or webclock system via their M-Card.

The option selected for time entry is at the discretion of the department and must be set up through the Office of Human Resources at the Flint Campus.  Employees must check with their supervisor to receive instructions on reporting their hours worked. 

Reporting Time Directly to Wolverine Access

A step-by-step process for employees to enter time directly into Wolverine Access can be found in the link below. 

Step-by-Step Report Time Process

Monthly time reporting

Biweekly time reporting


Below is the link to view the biweekly and monthly paydates and appropriate deadlines for submitting employee hours.  Please note the department may require a deadline to submit hours which is prior to the deadlines listed in the below link due to needed review time.  If you have any questions related to your specific deadline, please contact your supervisor.  Late timesheet submissions may delay the employee’s pay. 

Paydate Schedule/Deadline

Department Approvers and Timekeepers

Department Timekeepers:  To obtain access to enter &/or review time entry panels for a department, send an email to um-flint-hr@umich.edu to request Time & Labor access.  Please include the name of person needing access, UMID, uniqname, and department name on the request.

Time Approvers:  Must be listed as the employee’s supervisor in the HR system or listed as a delegate of a supervisor.  To request supervisor ID changes, please send an email to um-flint-hr@umich.edu to request a supervisor ID report.  The report will then be forwarded to the requestor for changes and resubmitted to HR for processing. 

Instructions and Checklists

Below are resources specifically made for the Flint Campus employees and departments.  If you have any questions related to recording time, please contact the HR Generalist identified below.

Faculty/Staff/Grad Students

Temporary employees (students, workstudy and non-student temporary appointments).

  • Tawana Branch, 810-766-6672, brancht@umflint.edu,  Designated areas include: Business & Finance, School of Education and Human Services, School of Health Professions and Studies, School of Nursing, Enrollment Management and Information Technology Services.   
  • Tonja R. Lucas, 810-237-6527, trlucas@umflint.edu, Designated areas include: Chancellor, Provost, Senior Provost, Associate Provost, Campus Inclusion and Student Life (Student Affairs), University Advancement, School of Management, and the College of Arts & Sciences. ​ 


Paper Timesheets

How to maintain a static group

General information regarding self-service timekeeping at Flint

Timekeeping Queries