The University of Michigan-Flint is committed to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that embraces individual differences. Diversity is fundamental to our mission. We celebrate, recognize and value diversity.
The Office for Institutional Equity is committed to ensuring that all staff, faculty and students have equal access and opportunities, and receive the support needed to be successful regardless of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight or vertan status. Additionally, we are committed to the principles of equal opportunity in all employment, educational and research programs, activities and events, as well as to the use of affirmative actions to cultivate and maintain an environment that fosters equal opportunity.
- Information, consultation, training and resources to the Campus community with regard to diversity, harassment and discrimination prevention, affirmative action, equal opportunity and disability matters;
- Individual consultation with Campus community managers, supervisors, staff, faculty, students, and administrators;
- Neutral investigation for all complaints of harassment and discrimination;
- Support for the Campus’ compliance efforts in the areas of equal opportunity, affirmative action, harassment and discrimination prevention, and compliance with all applicable State and Federal civil rights laws.
- Interpreting, communicating and applying the University’s policies and procedures
- Resolving workplace challenges, and developing appropriate goals and objectives
- Developing strategies to create high-performing teams
- Identifying training initiatives and
- Addressing many other workplace needs including allegations of workplace harassment, or unfair treatment.
Select staff provide confidential support for students.
Select staff provide confidential counseling for students.