Temporary Employment

To apply for Student/Non-Student temporary positions please visit our Careers page  

Hiring Students and Non-Student Temporaries

It is the intent of the University of Michigan-Flint to provide each student with the fullest and richest educational experience possible. Frequently, that experience may include an employment opportunity in conjunction with the university's work-study program or through direct temporary employment by an institutional unit. Many of these employment opportunities provide the student with valuable work experience and financial assistance while helping the institutional units meet their operational needs. At the same time, working an excessive number of hours on a regular basis may have a detrimental effect on the student's academic achievement. Supervisors must keep in mind that the best interest of the student is the top priority in these employment arrangements and should exercise their judgment accordingly.

SPG 201.24 - Employment of Students

SPG 201.57 - Employment of Non-Student Temps

How do I make changes to my active temporary and/or non-student temporary appointment?

Changes to existing Student Temporary Appointments must be done using Personnel Action Request (PAR) in M-Pathways Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Flint Human Resources will continue to accept the Temporary Appointment Change form only for changing workstudy appointments to temporary appointments as this is not processed via PAR.

Important Employment Tools

Student and Non-Student Temporary Appointment Change Form

Student Temporary - Posting - To - Hire Process

eRecruit Temporary FAQ's

Approved Language for Temporary Job Openings

Service Level Agreement Form

Avoiding Discrimination in Job Posting Handouts

Checklist for Hiring International Students

Position Descriptions and Wage Schedules for Temporary Employment