As of Sunday, March 1, 2020 ITS has discontinued our FormAssembly service. The developers of FormAssembly have ceased development of their onsite product and have moved to a costly pay-per-user cloud-based platform.
What this means for you:
- Any FormAssembly forms that are currently active and being used should immediately be converted to one of the solutions below.
- Any submitted form data that you would like to retain, must be backed up by the form owner, prior to March 1st.
- Any embedded FormAssembly forms on your departmental websites should be taken down, and replaced with a link out to your new form.
You have several options for collecting data via forms:
- Standard Forms - Google Forms is now our go-to solution for web-based forms. You can do most everything that you could do in FormAssembly in Google Forms including, easy form creation with many question types, email notifications, form collaboration, and much more. You can get started with Google Forms by going here: https://docs.google.com/forms/.
- Learning resources - You can find learning resources for Google Forms, by going here: https://go.umflint.edu/googleformsdocs. For learning resources
- Training - ITS will be offering several Google Forms training sessions prior to March 1st, and will continue beyond. Go to https://training.umflint.edu/its, to sign-up.
- Event /Training Registrations - The campus community should be using the ITS developed events system, https://events.umflint.edu. This robust system allows for event publishing, event registration, paid registrations, discount codes, attendance tracking, and so much more. When an event is created, it will have its own dedicated page, but will also be displayed within your department's event listing, and the main UM-Flint event listings.
- Surveys and Data Collection Requiring Analysis - Qualtrics is a very powerful tool used for creating and distribution online surveys, data storage and analysis. The Office of Research supports Qualtrics on our campus. You can find more information about using Qualtrics, here: https://www.umflint.edu/research/qualtrics.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this transition, would like additional information about any of the solutions provided, or would like to ask questions about specific forms, please fill out the following form and you will be contacted shortly: https://go.umflint.edu/formquestions.