Are you a high school student interested in nursing? Do you have a minimum 3.4 GPA and a 24 ACT/1160 SAT? If so, you are eligible to apply for the UM-Flint Nursing Direct Admit program! Application to the Nursing Direct Admit program is rolling admission; students may apply at any time during their senior year in high school for Fall admission to UM-Flint.
Upcoming Nursing Direct Admit Day: May 19, 2020 from 9:00 am-1:00 pm (Additional dates coming soon!)
Applicants selected for the Nursing Direct Admit Program will have early assurance for a seat in the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program after successful completion of all pre-nursing prerequisite coursework and satisfactory progress in accordance with the Nursing Direct Admission Progression Contract. If selected for Nursing Direct Admission, students must satisfy the following expectations and requirements to retain their status as a Nursing Direct Admit:
- Complete all courses at UM-Flint. The exception is dual enrollment in college while in high school and Genesee Early College.
- Maintain minimum 3.00 semester and cumulative GPA.
- Maintain minimum 3.00 science GPA (BIO 135, BIO 167, BIO 168, NSC 207, CHM lecture/lab).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply to UM-Flint as a Pre-Nursing major.
Submit the Nursing Direct Admission Application. Eligible candiates will be invited to attend a Nursing Direct Admit Day.
- Complete an interview and writing reflection.
- If selected for Nursing Direct Admission, you will receive an official decision letter within 2-3 weeks after your interview and review of your writing reflection, transcripts, and SAT/ACT scores.
Address any questions to Undergraduate Nursing Program Manager, Maris Gilles at (810) 766-6853 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READY TO APPLY?