Getting Started with Blackboard
Blackboard is a virtual learning environment and management system used to post course-related materials, manage student assignments and grades, and facilitate communication between students and instructors. Blackboard is supported by the Office of Extended Learning (OEL).
Features and Benefits
- Organize articles, documents, videos, and other media files for your course or organization.
- Create tests and assignments.
- Post, submit, grade, and provide feedback for assessments and assignments.
- Communicate with students/participants via announcements, discussion boards, wikis, and groups.
- Detect plagiarism automatically using SafeAssign.
- Review reports to see what students/participants are accessing.
Log in to Blackboard at https://bb.umflint.edu using your uniqname and LAN password. For best performance, use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at UM-Flint 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Click here to access Blackboard Helpguides and resources for faculty.
- Strategies and support for online teaching can be found in the Academic Continuity Guide.
Support and Training
The Office of Extended Learning will be offering workshops covering the basic features and use of Blackboard. To sign up for a session, visit our workshop page and click the Register Now button.
If you are experiencing any issues logging in to Blackboard, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.