Getting Started with Kaltura Capture
Kaltura is a cloud-based video management system for storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other media. The system integrates with Blackboard via MyMedia, allowing faculty to create, upload, and share multimedia content with ease. Ideal for any class structure, Kaltura enables the easy creation of videos at home, in the office, on campus, or on the go.
Features and Benefits
- Available to all UM-Flint faculty, staff, and students
- Video storage and streaming
- Webcam recorder
- Screen recorder
- Automatic caption generator
- Video Quiz generator
- Student viewing analytics
Using Kaltura Capture
- Accessing Kaltura Capture
- Recording with Capture
- Uploading Media
- Sharing Media in a Course
- Uploading Videos to Kaltura from Phone
- Submitting Kaltura Videos in Discussion Board
- Kaltura Video Quiz
- Attaching a Video to Assignment
Support and Training
The Office of Extended Learning will be offering workshops covering the features and use of Kaltura. Using Kaltura workshops will be offered on
- Tuesday, July 14: 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
To sign up for a session, visit our workshop page and click the Register Now button.