Below is a checklist of important items to complete prior to your orientation. These will help you to be better prepared for your session.
Before you come
1. Take your placement exams, if needed. You can find them in your Blackboard account here: bb.umflint.edu. Log in with your uniqname and password. Students are required to complete placement exams at least two weeks prior to orientation. Placement exams are necessary for academic advising and course registration.
2. Complete the Haven online module. Haven is UM-Flint's online sexual assault and prevention program that all students are required to take. Visit my.umflint.edu/everfi.
3. Get your MCard. The MCard is your UM-Flint photo identification card that gives you access to different resources on campus. Check your UM-Flint email account for a special invitation. Complete your request online one week before your Orientation session so you can pick up your MCard at Orientation.
1. Start and end time:
- See the agenda for start and end times.
- Attending the entire program is mandatory.
- Visit maps.umflint.edu for directions to campus.
- You should park in Mill Street parking ramp.
- Your check-in is at the Harding Mott University Center.
3. Travel accommodations:
- Housing and Residential Life
If you want to stay on campus, plan to arrive the night before and enjoy an evening in one of our Residence Halls
For more information please visit https://www.umflint.edu/lodging or contact 810-237-6572
- Holiday Inn Express
Offering special rates for persons identifying themselves as guests of University of Michigan-Flint
1150 Robert T. Longway Blvd
Flint, MI 48503
4. What to bring:
- Casual and comfortable clothes (We will be walking a lot).
- Driver's license, passport, or government-issued photo ID (required at check-in and to receive your MCard).
1. Join the new student facebook group: University of Michigan-Flint New Students. This will be a way for you to meet and connect with other incoming students.
2. Check out our Student Success Center Facebook Page. We will post important information and you can ask the Orientation Leaders any questions you may have. You can also check out the Orientation FAQ for help.
3. Meet your Orientation Leaders.
For additional accommodation arrangements, please contact Ashley Hixson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (810) 762-3085.