Welcome to the University of Michigan-Flint!
Orientation at the University is a required program designed to facilitate a smooth transition to UM-Flint and assist you in making the most of your college experience. As a transfer student, we recognize that you may already be familiar with a university environment and expectations so we strive to offer you the most vital information significant to your success here at UM-Flint. Many of the policies, procedures, and opportunities will be new and different to you, regardless of where you are transferring from.
We will discuss policies and requirements unique to UM-Flint, assistance in understanding your academic program requirements, financial aid award, campus resources, and opportunities to meet with faculty.
Before registering for your first semester courses, you should meet with an Academic Advisor. If you are unable to do so before your orientation session or if you still have questions, you will have an option to meet with them during orientation. A non-refundable Orientation fee of $50 is added to all transfer students' tutition bill.
Go over the following sections to prepare for orientation:
- Critical New Student Steps: Important steps to complete right after you are admitted to UM-Flint.
- Register for Orientation: Choose one Orientation date and register to come on that date (click here to learn MORE about 'how to' register).
- Pre-Orientation Requirements: See what you need to prepare, how to get here, where to park, and additional information you will need.
- Orientation Agenda: See the schedule and activitites planned for your orientation (available soon).
- Orientation FAQs: Here you will find answers to questions we receive from students and parents about Orientation.
- Meet your Orientation Leaders