A place to co-work, create and collaborate
What is the [IN]?
- The Innovation Incubator is a program of University Outreach.
- Staff help people start local businesses and non-profits.
- The co-working space is open to the public, free of charge.
- Free workshops are offered periodically.
- This is the only incubator in Flint focused on (but not limited to) social entrepreneurship, innovation, and creative economy-based ventures.
[IN] in the News
University Outreach’s Innovation Incubator staff has been working with the social work students, not only to explain some of the necessary components of a successful business but also to teach them how to help residents build their own business model and create a start-up cost analysis that will help community members prepare to launch their ventures.
Adil Mohammed began using the Innovation Incubator co-work space to run his software development business. He hired Charles Herzog, a UM-Flint senior majoring in computer science, to develop new healthcare software products. Mohammed was invited to base his start-up business, Med+IT Systems LLC, out of the Incubator.