- Excellence: Provide students with exceptional teaching, utilizing a learner-centered teaching by incorporating authentic learning activities and experiences
- Diversity: Foster cultural competence and inclusion in all educational and professional interactions
- Integrity: Promote professionalism through application of the Guidelines for Ethical Conduct for the PA Profession (AAPA 2103), and the Code of Conduct for Certified and Certifying PAS (NCCPA 2015)
- Collaboration and Community Engagement: Participation in professional and community organizations with university partners.
- Professionalism: Embrace a collegial model through accountability and self-regulation in all interactions.
We will achieve these by building the following:
- People: recruit, develop and retain the best faculty, staff and learners who work together for the greater good.
- Education: cultivate a learning community that engages all in education for the advancement of health and health care delivery.
- Care: deliver outstanding patient care and improve health for local and national populations while caring for each other.
- Service: engage and collaborate with our institutional, local, state, and national communities to advance health.
Toward this end, the UM-Flint PA Program will educate individuals who are dedicated to achieving the highest ethical performance standards required to provide exemplary patient care, and graduate PAs who will assume leadership and advocacy roles to the benefit of their patients, clinical practice, public health, and the PA profession.