The mission of the University of Michigan-Flint Physician Assistant (UM-Flint PA) Program is to prepare students to become exemplary physician assistant practitioners, leaders, and advocates for the profession and public health through best practices in teaching, learning, and service to our diverse local community and beyond.
To achieve our mission we will:
- Prepare a diverse PA workforce to serve the patient-centered needs and public health of the local, state and national communities.
- Educate students to utilize evidenced-based decision-making and problem solving that allows for safe, affordable practice of medicine in a changing health care environment, with an emphasis on self-assessment that promotes continuous improvement.
- Educate and encourage students to provide culturally competent and team-based care with a commitment to caring for all individuals.
- Prepare graduates who are creative leaders who advocate for and are civically engaged in their practice as clinicians, administrators, academicians, and researchers who contribute to the PA profession.
- Develop and support faculty members to achieve excellence in teaching, service and scholarship.
- Support PA Program graduates and faculty in lifelong learning.