We are looking for parents who would like to learn through play, make connections, and form relationships with their children and the children throughout the Flint community.
Our parent program is meant to educate parents in early childhood best practices in literacy, math, science, and social-emotional health. These strategies will help foster a love for learning as children interact with their parents and members from the community through play-based learning experiences.
This program will involve parents in a training session presented by faculty members from the UM-Flint education department. TBA
During this training session:
- Lunch will be provided to parents
- Children will have free daycare and lunch
- Each family member will receive a bus pass for transportation to the UM-Flint campus, if needed.
- Parents will be paid $100 for training which will focus on literacy, math, science, and social-emotional health of their children.
After the training, parents will be asked to sign up to work at Pop-Up School events on 3 occasions.
Each parent “team member” will be:
- Paid every time they work
- Provided bus passes as needed
- May bring their children with them to each event
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please email Cathy Lesinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.