procurement & Contracts
Procurement & Contracts Department Core Functions
- Implement Proper Processes – Provide SPG Policies, practice and procedures.
- Issue RFP/RFQ for Purchases $10,000 and over – All Purchases $10,000 and over must be processed and approved by Procurement.
- Purchase Orders – For one time purchases.
- Blanket Purchase Orders – Issue Purchase Orders to cover multiple purchases and/or invoices throughout the year.
- Furniture Purchases – All furniture purchases require Procurement approval. (Regardless of cost.)
- Agreements/Contracts with monetary amounts require review and approval by procurement agents, regardless of dollar amount.
- Non-Monetary Agreements/Contracts must be reviewed/approved by Procurement
- Support and encourage business with local and diverse suppliers.
- Invoices – Acquire departmental approval for all invoices over $10,000.
- Reporting – Conflict of Interest and Non-Compliance to Board of Regents.
- Training – Provide M-Pathway, M-Marketsite, and training on individual basis upon request.
- Suppliers – Meet with prospective and existing, act as liaison for requesting departments for request or resolving disputes/issues.
For PeoplePay processing, or questions regarding PeoplePay, please click here.
Please note normal processing times for purchase orders:
- Purchases under $10,000 without a contract 2 weeks or less
- Purchases with a contract regardless of the cost, 30 days
- Purchases $10,000 & over, are required per SPG to be competitively bid or identified as a sole source provider; allow 30 days for processing
Processing timelines may be extended if the supplier is not in the database, the supplier is not active and/or open for ordering, and if a contract requires Office of General Counsel review, edits, and/or acceptance by the supplier and university.
Ann Arbor Procurement
To visit the Ann Arbor Procurement site, please click here.