Procurement and Contracts
The University of Michigan-Flint Procurement and Contracts Department Core Functions:
- Enforce Procurement Processes - Provide SPG Policies, practice and procedures.
- Purchase Orders - For one time purchases.
- Blanket Purchase Orders - Issue Purchase Orders to cover multiple purchases and/or invoices throughout the year.
- Peoplepay - Process Non-Employee for Service and Honorariums payments to individuals.
- RFP/RFQ for Purchases $5,000 and over - All Purchases $5,000 and over must be processed and approved by Procurement.
- Agreement/Contract review and approval - All purchases that are associated with an agreement must be sent to Procurement to be approved and signed by a Procurement Agent.
- All non-monetary agreements must be reviewed/approved by our Paralegal.
- Furniture Purchases - All furniture purchases require Procurement approval. (Regardless of cost.)
- Customer Satisfaction - Strive to exceed customer expectations and send out survey every two (2) years to evaluate our performance.
- Diversity - Support and encourage business with local and minority owned businesses.
- Invoices - Acquire departmental approval for all invoices over $10,000.
- Reporting - Conflict of Interest and Non-Compliance to Board of Regents.
- Training - Provide M-Pathway, M-Marketsite. Peoplepay and University Contracts Training on individual basis upon request.
- Vendors - Meet with prospective and existing, act as liaison for requesting departments for request or resolving disputes/issues.