- Dates: November 7-8, 2019
- Location: Flint, MI (University of Michigan - Flint)
- Course Type: Live Seminar
- Price: Pricing available through course contact.
CEU: 1.6 CEUs/CCUs (16 contact hours)*
*Please note: Licensees should verify with their state licensing board for acceptance of continuing education units by reviewing the relevant state practice act and/or administrative code.
Description: The Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) provides clinicians with the skills and information necessary to provide a structured learning environment and enhanced educational experience for students. Course content reflects an interdisciplinary approach to experiential learning methods, with an emphasis on didactic content related to clinical teaching, supervision, and evaluation. Participants are expected to understand and integrate the behaviors and traits of highly effective educators, role models, and mentors into their performance as a clinical instructor. Successful course participants will return to their clinic with a greater understanding of:
- planning and preparing for health care clinical education experiences
- supportive learning through questioning and effective feedback
- identifying and implementing performance evaluation metrics
- managing students with exceptional situations or circumstances
- exploring legal implications for clinical educators, including issues presented by ADA legislation
This course is intended for health care providers in a clinical setting with more than one year of experience serving as a clinician and who intend to provide clinical education in a supervisory role to students, including physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and health care providers from other professions. Both new and experienced physical therapist and physical therapist assistant educators will benefit from participating in the course. Classroom interaction is emphasized as a means to highlight and discuss different ideas and create a shared learning environment in which each student brings a unique and valuable perspective to the conversation. Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who successfully complete this course will receive a credential which verifies their status as an APTA-Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CI), as well as 1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) which may be used to satisfy licensure renewal requirements.
Email course contact to learn more and register | Registration Deadline: October 4, 2019