The University of Michigan-Flint is a regional institution in a revitalized urban setting located along the riverfront in downtown Flint. One of three campuses of the University of Michigan, we serve commuting and residential undergraduate and graduate students and offer over 100 undergraduate and over 38 graduate and post-graduate degrees. The UM-Flint campus is known for quality education, low faculty-to-student ratios, and its collegial environment. Please consider joining our growing faculty of educators in an innovative educational enterprise. We are seeking a creative, forward thinking faculty who envisions the future of physical therapy education in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
If you are interested in this position, please go to careers.umich.edu and search for the associated job ID number, complete the application and upload the CV/resume.
ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Tenure Track; Musculoskeletal Expertise) Job ID #164854
The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Department is seeking applications for a 12-month faculty position as an assistant/associate professor (tenure track position) with expertise in musculoskeletal physical therapy. This faculty member could potentially teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) and Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) and/or PhD in Physical Therapy. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
1. Candidate must be licensed or regulated in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist.
2. Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Preparation Program in Physical Therapy.
3. Academic Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, DSc, etc.)
4. ABPTS specialization in orthopedics is preferred.
5. 3 years cumulative clinical practice (part-time or full-time) in musculoskeletal physical therapy.
6. Teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment.
7. Record of scholarship (presentations and manuscripts)
8. Record of grant funding (preferred)
9. Record of mentoring students in research
10. Preferred record of mentoring PhD students in research
11. Record of involvement in professional activities.
For more information, please contact:
College of Health Sciences
University of Michigan-Flint
(810) 237-6503 or email@example.com