Radiation Therapy Direct Admission Program
We invite high school students to apply for direct admit!
In order to apply, students must:
1. Be in their senior year of high school for fall admission to UMFlint.
2. Students must have a 3.00 grade point average (GPA), and a 24 ACT/1160 SAT score.
If you are selected for direct admission, a seat will be reserved for you in the Radiation Therapy (RTT) program.
You will enter the Radiation Therapy program after you have completed all RTT prerequisites and undergraduate course work.
The seat is held for 3 years, most will have this completed in 2 years.
How to Apply:
• Apply to UM-Flint as a pre-Radiation Therapy major
• Submit the Radiation Therapy Direct Admission Application by May 1
• If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to Direct Admission (DA) day, which will take place the second Friday of May.
• Deadlines and requirements are firm. Individual interviews and a writing sample will take place on DA day.
We recommend that you increase your knowledge of the radiation therapy profession through independent exploration prior to your direct admit interview.
To matriculate into the RTT program as a direct admit students must:
• Complete all college courses at UM-Flint. The exception is dual enrollment while in high school.
• Maintain minimum 2.70 GPA per semester and 3.00 cumulative GPA at UM-Flint
• Achieve a minimum 3.00 GPA in BIO 167, BIO 168, PHY 143, PHY 145
• Complete two, eight-hour observations in a Radiation Oncology Department