A transcript is a student's complete academic record at the University of Michigan-Flint.  Official transcripts are printed on special protective paper or created with a secure PDF format. The transcript is only official if it has the University of Michigan-Flint seal and the Registrar's signature. Official transcripts given directly to a student will be stamped "Issued to Student" and may not be accepted as official.

Official Transcripts

The University of Michigan-Flint has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide transcript ordering online. This partnership allows you to request transcripts 24 hours a day, seven days a week with tracking via text message or email available. The NSC website provides instructions for submitting a request, including delivery options and fees. You can also track your order online by going to

Transcript orders can be placed at

Electronic PDF transcript delivery is available.

U.S. mail is the only delivery option available for paper transcripts. Currently, these transcripts are processed and mailed weekly on Wednesday's.

Currently the following services are unavailable:

  • Rush transcript processing and overnight delivery
  • All in-person transactions, including pick up of student transcripts

If you need to send your official transcripts to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor or University of Michigan-Dearborn, please contact the Registrar's Office at or (810) 762-3344.

Unofficial Transcripts

Students may obtain a copy of their unofficial transcript using the Student Information System (SIS). You will need your Uniqname and LAN Password to login to the secure area. Students who do not have a Uniqname, or have holds on their record, should contact the Registrar's Office at (810) 762-3344.

Rackham Transcript Information

Students who attended the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies prior to Winter 2000 should direct the transcript request to:  University of Michigan Transcript Department, 1210 LSA Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1382, Fax: (734) 764-5556.  Students who attended Rackham School of Graduate Studies, January 2000 or later may direct the transcript request to the Flint campus.

Prior School(s) Transcripts

Any transcripts that were presented for admission purposes have become an integral part of the files of the admitting offices and CANNOT be released, either directly or for copying purposes. It will be necessary for you to write directly to the institutions concerned to obtain copies of those previous records.

For questions regarding transcripts please contact or (810) 762-3344.