Petition to Alter or Terminate a Contract

All requests to terminate contracts must be submitted in writing on a Petition to Alter/Terminate Housing Contract form. If the request is based on compelling financial need, please include the Supplementary Financial Statement. If the request stems from medical or psychological reasons, please include the Medical and or Psychological Petition form. Forms are available online and in the Office of Housing and Residential Life in Riverfront Residence Hall. 

Forms may be dropped off to the Office of Housing and Residential Life, emailed to, or faxed to (810) 762-3362.

Students who choose to move out of the residence hall and discontinue attendance in their courses must submit appropriate disenrollment forms to the Office of the Registrar. Moving out of student housing does not constitute an automatic withdrawal from the University. The resident is responsible for all room and board charges up until the date of checkout, regardless of the date of withdrawal from the University. The University strongly recommends that no action – such as signing any other lease or contract for other housing – be taken by a resident until the resident receives written notification of contract termination.