Student Organization Resources and Forms
Student Organization Resources and Forms
Student Organizations are a great way to get involved on campus and have an infinite amount of fun. Participation in activities, both on and off campus is an integral part of the college experience. The Department of Student Involvement and Leadership is here to support the endeavors of student clubs and organizations through advisement, involvement activities, leadership development and a wide range of program offerings. These initiatives, implemented in collaboration with students, faculty, and staff aid in the growth and development of the individual. You can find helpful tools and resources to keep your club or organization ahead of the game below.
Student Organization Handbook
Congratulations on being involved with student clubs and organizations at the University of Michigan-Flint! We have compiled this Guidebook to assist your organization in operating effectively and understanding the policies and procedures of the University of Michigan-Flint.
Student Org Handbook
Marketing your Organization
When marketing and distributing information for a planned event or activity for your student organization, there are several avenues you can explore:
- Table Tents
- Digital Signage
- Social Media
Please see the Marketing Policy in the student handbook for guidelines and content samples.
Popular Event & Building Services Links
Digital signs are a great way to advertise for any on-campus open event that is hosted by a recognized student organization or campus department. Signs will be displayed on multiple screens located throughout campus.
Please see AIMS for guidelines and digital display content sample.
Submit a Sign for Display
Window Advertising Reservation Form
Window advertising is a great way to publicize an event hosted by a recognized student organization or campus department. The windows are located on the third floor of UCEN and are marked with designated numbers for reservation purposes. Please fill out the online request form and an automated email will be your RSVP Window confirmation. Windows are assigned on a first come first serve basis. If you are looking for a specific window, place the window number(s) in the brief explanation box on the online form. As long as the window is available you will be given permission to use the window.
Windows are reserved on a weekly basis from Monday to Friday
You may reserve windows for up to two consecutive weeks
Reserved windows come in groups of 2 small windows, 4 small windows, 1 large window, or 2 large windows
Assigned windows may be painted anytime starting your reservation period
Windows MUST BE WASHED by your reservation end date
NO Tape of any kind is permitted on the windows.
Only designated window markers from the SIL office can be used for painting windows
All supplies for cleaning and painting are available to be checked out at the SOC help desk
Window Reservation Form
Financial Forms & Templates
Student Organization Deposits
Deposit Cash Receipt Ticket
Petty Cash Advance
Petty Cash Clear
Reimbursement for Expenses
Please allow 2 business days to process all financial request.
Travel and Business Hosting Expense Advance
- You will need to fill out the YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED areas on the Travel Business Hosting Expense ADVANCE FORM
- Make an appointment 2 business days prior to the event to process the ADVANCE
Travel and Business Hosting Expense Advance Form
Travel and Business Hosting Expense Reports
- Expense Reports can be used to clear your ADVANCE or for REIMBURSEMENTS
- All Expense Reports have 4 tabs at bottom of the form
- ALL PAGES 1-3 are part of your Expense Report
- Choose the template that will best fit your expenses
- Can insert more lines on form as needed (whether highlighted or not)
- You will need to fill out the YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED areas on all three pages. Can insert more lines on form as needed
- The first tab is instruction tab
- (note: University meal limits of $25 breakfast/$25 lunch/$55 dinner)
- All original receipts are required
- Receipts CANNOT be shared or split into separate reports
- Please make an appointment to complete the report
- Bring all receipts or computer printout (hotel, airfare receipts, etc.) to your appointment in the SIL Admin Office 361 UCEN
Travel Expense Report Template
For more information, please contact us in the Department of Student Involvement and Leadership located in 361 UCEN. (810) 762-3431