In light of the COVID-19 situation, the University of Michigan-Flint School of Management understands student’s struggles to efficiently prepare for the GMAT. Starting now through November 15, 2020, the School of Management will be offering all students GMAT waivers. To request a GMAT waiver, please contact Craig Gomolka, Business Programs Recruiter, email@example.com after you have submitted your application.
This GMAT waiver will be offered for all three of our graduate business programs: MBA, MS in Accounting, and MS in Leadership & Organizational Dynamics. Classes are 100% online in the summer semester and we hope to be back to offering all of our flexible formats: online, Net+, and on-campus, this fall.
Traditional GMAT Waiver
While official GMAT* scores are required for admission to all SOM graduate programs, an applicant may request a waiver if the applicant meets any of the following conditions:
- Any graduate degree from an institution with AACSB or ABET accreditation.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively-responsible, preferably post-baccalaureate, professional work, or US military experience.
- Graduates of a University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Dearborn, or Flint) with an overall GPA of 3.2 undergraduate or higher.
- External certifications such as CFA, CFP, CPA, PMP, or similar.
- Admitted to the UM-Flint DNP, DPT, or OTD program.
The SOM Graduate Committee reserves the right to require the GMAT or GRE of any graduate program applicant, even if the applicant meets one of the conditions above. The admissions committee will consider the scores submitted, even if the applicant qualifies for a waiver.
*Other graduate school entrance standardized tests such as GRE, LSAT are also accepted; equivalent scores are considered for admission decision.