While official GMAT* scores are required for admission to all SOM graduate programs, an applicant may request a waiver if the applicant meets any of the following conditions:
- Any graduate degree from an institution with AACSB or ABET accreditation.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively-responsible, preferably post-baccalaureate, professional work or US military experience.
- Graduates of a University of Michigan campus with 3.2 undergraduate GPA or higher.
- External certifications such as CFA, CFP, CPA, PMP, or similar
- Admitted to the UM-Flint DNP or DPT program.
The SOM Graduate Committee reserves the right to require the GMAT or GRE of any graduate program applicant, even if the applicant meets one of the conditions above. The admissions committee will consider the scores submitted, even if the applicant qualifies for a waiver.
*Other graduate school entrance standardized tests such as GRE, LSAT are also accepted; equivalent scores are considered for admission decision.