Results & Recommendations
"What do staff want?" That was the question asked at Staff Council's 2018 summer retreat that prompted the creation of a committee charged with designing, administering, analyzing, and ultimately recommending actions based on what came to be called the Staff Satisfaction & Engagement Survey.
Our first ever Staff Satisfication and Engagement Survey was launched in November, 2019, boasting a participation rate of 53 percent! Although the university — like the rest of the world — has drastically changed since last November due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the survey provides a valuable snapshot in time and important baseline data from which to build when life and work start to resemble "normal" again.
Eight recommendations/action items that Staff Council presented to the University leadership. University leadership is supportive of the recommendations and are committed to partnering with Staff Council on each recommendation.
Below are the reports from both the open and close-ended questions from each of the eight sections of the survey. You must have a University of Michigan ID/login-credential to access the survey results.
Thank you again for your ongoing interest and participation!
Staff Council Survey Committee
- Bob Mabbitt (former committee chair) | University Communications and Marketing
- Gary Ashley | Office of Engaged Learning
- Suzanne Shivnen | College of Arts and Sciences
- Andre Louis | Office of Research and Economic Development
- Shanae Dawson* | K-12 Partnerships
- Matt Bohlen* | Office of Graduate Programs
- Sadé Wilson** | Center for Educator Preparation
* Committee member for survey design/development phase
** Committee member for survey analysis/reporting phase