- When will I get my bill for Fall 2017 tuition?
- How do I make payments?
- I would like to make a payment toward my tuition every week/two weeks. Can I do that?
- What happens if I miss one or more payments?
- I am receiving financial aid. Will that be reflected on my bill?
- My financial aid is not included on my bill. Why not?
- I have signed up for student housing. What payments do I have to make before I can move in?
- Will the amount of my payments ever change over the semester?
- My tuition is being paid by a third party. How will my payments be handled?
- My employer is reimbursing my tuition. How will my payments be handled?
1. When will I get my bill for Fall 2017 tuition?
Fall 2017 bills will be sent to students on July 21, 2017. The bill will also tell you when the first payment is due, on August 15, 2017.
Paper bills are mailed to new students for the first semester only. Continuing students will receive email notifications letting them know their bills are available on SIS.
You will have the option to set up automated payments using electronic checks by signing up at the Student Account Center. With this option, your payments will be automatically charged to your bank account.
You can also pay by check or money order through the mail or at the Cashier's office. Always be sure to include your UMID on checks. Cash payments can be made in person at the Cashier's office.
The mailing address is:
A registration hold will be placed on your record, and you won't be able to register for future courses or receive your transcripts. Holds will be lifted once all financial obligations are met. Students may also be charged late fees for payments made past the due date.
Students on employer-supported tuition plans, veteran students registered for VA benefits, and international students are exempt from late fees on delayed payments.
If your bill does not include your financial aid offers, log into SIS to see which outstanding requirements still need to be met in order to have your financial aid reflected on your bill.
Please note that Federal Work Study awards will not be included on your bill.
If you are living in a UM-Flint residence hall (student housing), you will need to have your first of four payments received by August 15, 2017 and have paid all previous balances owed in full before you can move in.
Students who sign up for student housing after August 15 will need to pay at least one-third of their total university bill and be enrolled in a payment plan for the remaining tuition.