Below is a checklist of important items to complete prior to your orientation. These will help you to be better prepared for your session.
Before you come
1. Take your placement exams, if needed. You can find them in your Blackboard account here: bb.umflint.edu. Log in with your uniqname and password. Students are required to complete placement exams at least three weeks prior to orientation. Placement exams are necessary for academic advising and course registration.
2. Take the College Student Inventory (CSI): Check your UM-Flint email (email.umflint.edu) for the link to your CSI. The subject line will be “UM-Flint Critical Steps: take the College Student Inventory (CSI)." At orientation, you will schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor to discuss the results of this survey.
3. Complete the Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates (SAPU) online module. SAPU is UM-Flint's online sexual assault and prevention program that all students are required to take. Visit my.umflint.edu and within the “Popular Links & Services” section, select Sexual Assault Prevention Module.
4. Get your MCard. The MCard is your UM-Flint photo identification card that gives you access to different resources on campus. This online portal allows you to submit an appropriate identification photo prior to your orientation date. Submitted Mcard photos are subject to approval, and should resemble a traditional Driver's License or other ID photo. **Complete your request online two weeks before your Orientation session so you can pick up your MCard at Orientation.
5. Pre-Orientation Check-In: Fill out this form to confirm you are coming, if your parents or family will come as well, and if you have dietary restrictions or accessibility requests. ***Due to space constraints, we can only accomodate 2 additional guests.
1. General Information
- Check-in begins at Harding Mott University Center.
- You will be provided Breakfast and Lunch.
- Attending the entire program is mandatory.
- Visit maps.umflint.edu for directions to campus.
- You should park in Mill Street parking ramp (402 Mill Street, Flint MI 48503 GPS directions) ***there is construction located in this area.
- Your check-in is at the Harding Mott University Center.
3. Travel accommodations:
- Housing and Residential Life
If you want to stay on campus, plan to arrive the night before and enjoy an evening in one of our Residence Halls
For more information please visit https://www.umflint.edu/lodging or contact 810-424-5276 ******Please reserve your room 72 hours prior to your arrival
- Holiday Inn Express
Offering special rates for persons identifying themselves as guests of University of Michigan-Flint
1150 Robert T. Longway Blvd
Flint, MI 48503
4. What to bring:
- Casual and comfortable clothes (we will be walking a lot).
- Driver's license, passport, or government-issued photo ID (required at check-in and to receive your MCard).
1. Join the new student facebook group: University of Michigan-Flint New Students. This will be a way for you to meet and connect with other incoming students.
2. Check out our Student Success Center Facebook Page. We will post important information and you can ask the Orientation Leaders any questions you may have. You can also check out the Orientation FAQ for help.
3. Meet your Orientation Leaders.
For additional accommodation arrangements, please contact Becky Armour Standel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (810) 762-3085.