Current Students

Below you will find various forms and policies that you may use while enrolled at the University. To the right is an update feed for the Post-9/11 GI Bill Facebook; check back often for updates on your G.I Bill! If you would like more information, contact the SVRC Staff at (810) 424-5589 or For the phone numbers of University resources, click here.

Financial Aid

Billing and Disbursement Process

  1. Scholarships and grants will be automatically applied to the student’s account. Any loans, if desired, must be accepted by the student.
  2. Once accepted, any available financial aid will be applied to the student’s account. You can view your account by accessing SIS and selecting “Student Account.” All financial aid requirements must be met before any funds are applied to the student’s account or disbursed to the student.
  3. Funds in excess of tuition and fees will be released to the student no earlier than ten days before the start of the fall or winter semesters, and no earlier than the first day of the spring or summer semesters.
  4. After the “Add/Drop” deadline (10th day), the Certifying Official will begin processing certification for each student using VA Education Benefits. Students using Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 will have the payment sent directly to the University.
  5. Once the payment is received by the University, any remaining, eligible funds will be available.*

*This typically takes 2-3 weeks from the 10th day, but can vary greatly. Please contact the SVRC with any questions related to disbursement.

Financial Aid Information
Scholarship Programs
Emergency Aid


Employment Opportunities


Student Forms

Current UM-Flint Graduate Students must use this form if you seek admission to a new or additional UM-Flint graduate degree or Certificate program.

The VA will only certify the courses that are required for your Major. Follow the steps in this form to verify your courses.