A TIME TO HEAL:
NURSING ON THE FRONTLINES OF THE PANDEMIC
Why You Should Attend This Unique Workshop Designed for Nurses
Is your job becoming more stressful, frustrating, and exhausting?
Are you experiencing physical symptoms such as headaches or lack of focus or care?
It is time to take a pause and process your lived experiences in the face of the pandemic. Most importantly it is time to heal and transcend. This hands-on workshop will help registered nurses reflect on the impact of the last 18 months. This will not be your average workshop. This informative workshop will provide attendees with information on:
- Education on burnout, depression, anxiety, traumatic responses, and post traumatic growth
- Individualized healing plans with ways to boost resilience
- Development of a wellness toolbox with cognitive-behavioral strategies and mindfulness
- Hands on self-reflection exercises
- Resources for long-term support
A FREE WORKSHOP
Wednesday August 4, 2021
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Breakfast & lunch will be provided.
4 free CEUs for all registered nurses who attend the entire event!
Jodie Eckleberry-Hunt, PhD, ABPP
Dr. Eckleberry-Hunt is a health psychologist who teaches no-nonsense self-help with tough love, compassion, and a little profanity at times.
Heather Kirkpatrick, PhD, ABPP
Dr. Kirkpatrick is a board-certified clinical health psychologist for Ascension Genesys Hospital. She is a wellness ninja–fast, targeted, and effective.
- 10 a.m. Welcome/overview of the day/Brief Video
- 10:20 a.m. Phases of disaster
- 10:30 a.m. Disaster responses: Burnout, Depression, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- 10:45 a.m. Cognitive-behavioral self-care skills: Mistaken Beliefs, Self-Talk
- 11:05 a.m. Boundaries
- 11:15 a.m. Cognitive-behavioral self-care skills: Talking back to self and A Hole In My SideWalk table discussion
- 11:45 a.m. Mindset: Healing v. Fixing
- Noon Break/Moving into lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Mindset: Healing vs. Fixing (continued)
- 12:45 p.m. Self-Care skills: Intentional coping with Anxiety/Uncertainty
- 1:10 p.m. Self-care skill: Journaling
- 1:20 p.m. Writing exercise
- 1:50 p.m. Meditation exercise
- 2:10 p.m. Break
- 2:25 p.m. Resources
- 2:35 p.m. Review/Discussion/Wrap-up
This workshop is funded by a grant from UM-Flint’s EDA University Center for Community & Economic Development and the Office of Economic Development
Continuing Education Units provided by Hurley Medical Center; Jointly Provided by University of Michigan-Flint School of Nursing
Hurley Medical Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
There is no conflict of interest for anyone in a position to control the content of this activity.
The food for the conference is sponsored by: Ascension-Genesys Hospital, Hurley Medical Center, and McLaren-Flint Nursing Administration