- going over the assignment sheet with you
- asking questions to help you generate ideas
- reading the paper out loud so you can hear what it might sound like to a reader (you can opt out if you feel uncomfortable)
- offering feedback based on the tutor's understanding as a reader about how well the paper seems to accomplish your goals and the assignment sheet expectations
- giving you support, feedback, and/or resources for revision, grammar and citations
You are welcome to make multiple appointments to work through new drafts of your paper, but please, only make one appointment per draft (more than one appointment is only allowed if the paper is long and requires multiple appointments to get through the whole paper.) We want to avoid giving redundant feedback on the same paper or section that has already been tutored). Once you have made substantial changes and have a substantial new draft, feel free to make another appointment.