Maize Money is a declining balance account on your M-Card. Money can be added to your Maize Money account and your M-Card can be used as a debit card for purchases at various vendors on the University of Michigan-Flint’s campus.
Maize Money is accepted at all on-campus dining locations and at the bookstore. Students living on campus can use Maize Money in select vending machines located in residential housing.
Who Can Add Maize Money
- UM-Flint Students
- Genesee Early College Students
- DEEP Students
- UM-Flint Faculty/Staff
- Riverfront guest housing residents
Have a special guest or group coming to campus and want them to be able to use Maize Money? Contact Dining Services.
How to Add Maize Money
- Complete the Maize Money request form.
- Individuals wishing to pay by either check or credit card should visit the Housing & Residential Life Office in the Riverfront Residence Hall after completing the form. The office is open Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
- UM-Flint students can also charge Maize Money to their student accounts. Student Account payments can be made at the Office of Cashiers/Student Accounts (2nd-floor UPAV). Payment deadlines and policies follow the tuition schedule. Unpaid amounts are subject to late fees. Payments toward student accounts can be made by cash or check; credit card payments are not accepted.
Maize Money purchased between July 1 and December 31, will expire on December 31. Maize Money purchased between January 1 and June 30, will expire June 30.
Maize Money is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Locations Accepting Maize Money
|Location||Dining Dollars||Maize Money|
|Barnes & Noble||UPAV – 1st Floor||X|
|Clint’s Cafe by Picasso||UCEN – 3rd Floor||X||X|
|Picasso @ UCEN||UCEN – 3rd Floor||X||X|
|Smoke, Rattle & Roll||UPAV – 1st Floor||X|
|Sportlite Grill||UPAV – 1st Floor||X|
|Subway||UPAV – 1st Floor||X|
|Happy Camper Ice Cream||UPAV – 1st Floor||X|
|Vending||First Street Hall||X|
|Blue Bistro by Picasso||WSW – 1st Floor||X||X|
|Recreation Center||Rec Center||X|