A transcript is a student’s complete academic record at the University of Michigan-Flint. Official transcripts are printed on special protective paper or created in a secure pdf format. The transcript is only official if it has the UM-Flint seal and the Registrar’s signature. Official transcripts given directly to a student will be stamped “Issued to Student” and may not be accepted as official.

Official Transcripts

UM-Flint has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide transcript ordering online. This partnership allows you to request transcripts 24 hours a day, seven days a week with tracking via text message or email available. The NSC website provides instructions for submitting a request, including delivery options and fees. You can track your order online by clicking here.

Method of DeliveryCost
Electronic Standard PDF$10.40
Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX)$10.40
Standard Mail/United States$10.40
Certified Mail/United States$22.75
Express Mail/United States$49.75
Express Mail/International$85.75
Express Mail/Canada and Mexico$69.75

If you need to send your official transcripts to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor or the University of Michigan-Dearborn, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Unofficial Transcripts

Students can obtain a copy of their unofficial transcript by logging into My UM-Flint or the Student Information System (SIS). To log into the secure area, you will need your uniqname and LAN Password. Students who do not have a uniqname should contact the Registrar’s Office. 

Rackham Transcript Information

Students who attended the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies prior to winter 2000 should direct the transcript request to:  

University of Michigan Transcript Department
1210 LSA Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1382
Fax: (734) 764-5556 

Students who attended Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies, January 2000 or later may direct the transcript request to the Flint campus.

Prior School(s) Transcripts

Any transcripts that were presented for admission purposes have become an integral part of the files of the admitting offices and CAN NOT be released, either directly or for copying purposes. It will be necessary for you to write directly to the institutions concerned to obtain copies of those previous records.