Student Resources


Disclosure/Confidentiality Form
Print and email or fax this form to prevent disclosure of directory information.

Personal Information Update Form
Print and email or fax this form to update your personal information.

Petition for Late Drop or Withdrawal Form
Print and email or fax this form if you would like to request a late drop or withdrawal past the final drop deadline.

Release of Information Request
Print and email or fax this form if you need a form or letter completed by the Registrar’s Office.

Waitlist Instructions
Instructions on how to Waitlist for a course.

Withdrawal Form
Print and email or fax this form to withdraw from the current semester by the last day of class at 5 p.m.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer is a process where academic credits for course work completed at a four-year university are transferred back to your community college to satisfy associate’s degree requirements. Some students transfer into a four-year institution before completing an associate’s degree at a community college, with a percentage of this group gaining a bachelor’s degree eventually through a combination of credits from both institutions. Through Reverse Transfer, a student’s achievements are recognized with an associate’s degree after they have transferred to a four-year school and have accumulated the credits needed to fulfill the two-year degree program requirements.

The University of Michigan-Flint currently has Reverse Transfer Agreements with Mott Community College, Delta College, Kalamazoo Valley Community College and St. Clair County Community College. Under these partnership agreements, students attending UM-Flint could be granted an earned associate’s degree by combining credits from UM-Flint with the credits previously earned from these community colleges. UM-Flint is committed to helping our students earn all available credentials as they pursue their career goals. To this end, work is ongoing to forge agreements with other area community colleges.

If you have been recently enrolled UM-Flint and transferred from any of the community colleges listed above the Office of the Registrar will notify you that you are eligible for review based on the criteria below for the potential awarding of your earned associate’s degree. You will be sent a link to a Transcript Request form specifically for the Reverse Transfer Agreement. Using this transcript request form gives permission to UM-Flint to send your transcript, communicate with your community college regarding your coursework, and permits your community college to award your degree, if appropriate. The request must be completed and returned to the Office of the Registrar at UM-Flint. Your transcript will be sent to your community college at no charge to you. The initial criteria is:

  • 45+ credits hours completed at your community college
  • 24+ credits hours completed at UM-Flint

The sending of the UM-Flint transcript to your community college does not guarantee the granting of a degree. The courses you take at UM-Flint (or any other college or university) will be evaluated by your community college. The granting of the degree remains at the discretion of and is subject to the degree and residency requirements of the community college, which is the degree granting institution. You will be contacted by your community college with the results of your review.

Enrollment & Degree Verification

Student who need proof of enrollment may print an Enrollment Verification Certificate from Student Information System (SIS). This enrollment certificate may be used to provide registration to loan agencies, health insurance companies, employers, etc. Each certificate is for one semester and provides basic enrollment information. Certificates for future terms will be available on the first day of the semester.

You will find this feature under the SIS website → Student Services → Student Records → Enrollment Verification Certificate.

Verification of Degree/Dates of Attendance

UM-Flint participates with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide verification of degree and past attendance information. To verify a student’s receipt of degree and/or dates of attendance, please visit the Clearinghouse website.

Our office is limited by FERPA regulations on what we can and cannot release without written permission. Phone verifications will be referred to the National Student Clearinghouse.

Enrollment Status Definitions

A student’s enrollment status is determined by the following university defined guidelines:

UndergraduateFall or Winter SemesterSpring or Summer Semester
Full time12 or more credits6 or more credits
3/4 time9-11 credits4-5 credits
1/2 time6-8 credits3 credits
Less than 1/2 time1-5 credits1-2 credits
GraduateFall or Winter SemesterSpring or Summer Semester
Full time8-9 credits4 or more credits
1/2 time4-7.99 credits2-3 credits
Less than 1/2 time1-3.99 credits1 credit