Student life is an essential part of the total student experience at the University of Michigan-Flint. At UM-Flint, you can join or create clubs and organizations, find leadership opportunities, unwind with sports and recreation, make new friends, volunteer, and much more.
The Division of Student Affairs (DSA) leads student life at UM-Flint. The division’s 12 units offer more than 90 student clubs and organizations, recreation and club sports, counseling, veterans and accessible services, residential living and learning, access and opportunity programs, and more. You’ll find caring, inclusive, and welcoming environments across campus.
Student Affairs includes:
- Center for Gender & Sexuality
- Club Sports
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Disability and Accessibility Support Services
- Educational support programs such as Educational Opportunity Initiatives and MPowering My Success
- Esports Team
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Housing & Residential Life
- Intercultural Center
- Recreation Center
- Student Involvement & Leadership
- Student Veterans Resource Center
DSA contributes to student success and the academic enterprise through an approach that encompasses five core values: community and belonging; equity and inclusion; engagement and leadership; health and wellness; and co-curricular and integrative learning. Staff are here to offer you encouragement, engagement, growth, and support during your time as a student at UM-Flint.