Professional Development Programs
Learn new skills and continue your education in the University of Michigan-Flint noncredit professional development programs.
The Office of Online & Digital Education (ODE) is approved to award continuing education credits by the following entities:
- Michigan Department of Education (SCECH credits)
- International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
K-12 Professional Development
Earn SCECHs taking single courses or working toward one of three Technology Integrator Certificates. Courses were developed by UM-Flint staff.
Online Instructor Certificate
For educators and trainers at all levels, this is an intensive program that warrants the UM-Flint “seal of approval.”
Graduate students enrolled in EDT 521 will find a full set of mini-module registration instructions in their Blackboard course shells on the first day of the academic semester for which they are registered. These instructions will contain a coupon code that should be applied to each selection in order to zero out the balance due at checkout. Students should not incur any additional cost while registering for the mini-modules as they have already paid standard tuition and fees.
Assistance with mini-module registration or Blackboard navigation is available through ODE. Students requiring guidance on mini-module selection should reach out to the appropriate program representative.
For physical therapists to obtain Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDU) from the Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). Please contact the Physical Therapy Department for more information.
This system contains course descriptions, dates of availability, pricing, and continuing education information. To register, please click here.
- Select the category appropriate to your interests.
- Select the course(s) by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button. If you’d like to remove a course from your cart, click on the X in the cart list.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- If you have an existing Blackboard account, login to your account by entering your Blackboard username and password. If you do not have an existing Blackboard account, create an account by selecting the “new user” link provided on the login page.
- Verify information as requested.
- Complete the checkout process by following the prompts on the screen.
University policy prohibits any instructor from promoting and selling products, instruments, devices, services or materials in which he/she may have a proprietary interest.