Graduate Certificate in Business
In today’s competitive market, additional business training can set you apart and prepare you for a more rewarding leadership role. The highly-regarded School of Management at the University of Michigan-Flint designed its Graduate Certificate in Business for students who obtained a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than business.
This certificate offers flexible formats to pursue courses, which are designed for busy working professionals. You’ll emerge from this program with a quality University of Michigan education which will prepare you with the financial, marketing, and management skills to become a valued and effective leader in your organization.
- No GMAT exam required for admission
- Prepares individuals with management and leadership potential to become leaders in their fields and professions
- Courses are offered 100% online, Net+ hybrid and evening.
- You will be taking courses with MBA students, expanding your network, and experiencing the excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship of our MBA faculty.
- All successfully completed certificate courses are transferable to the UM-Flint MBA program if you apply and are admitted
The Classroom To The Boardroom
The Graduate Certificate in Business classes are taught by our expert MBA faculty who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to their instruction. From your faculty mentors, you’ll learn how these lessons transfer to the real-world applications of the boardroom and beyond. Your instructors will remain available and accessible to mentor and support you throughout your educational journey.
At UM-Flint, we are proud to have many dedicated advisors who are the experts students can rely upon to help guide their educational journey. Book an appointment today.
Admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business program is open to qualified graduates with a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in their bachelor’s degree. The applicant must also have completed a college-level math, statistics, or quantitative course to be eligible for the program. The GMAT or GRE is not required for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business. Students with a business bachelor’s degree are encouraged to pursue the MBA program.
To be considered for admission, submit an online application below. Other materials can be emailed to FlintGradOffice@umich.edu or delivered to the Office of Graduate Programs, 251 Thompson Library.
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $55 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Statement of Purpose: a one-page, typed response to the following question: “What are your career objectives and how will a Graduate Certificate in Business contribute to accomplishing these goals?”
- Résumé, including all professional and educational experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students must submit additional documentation. This program is a certificate program. Students admitted to this program are not eligible to obtain a student visa (F visa). Students with all other visa types are eligible.
- Fall Early Deadline: May 1*
- Fall Final Deadline: August 1
- Winter: November 15
- Spring: March 15
- Summer: May 15
*You must have a complete application by the early deadline to be eligible for scholarships, grants, and research assistantships.
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Member institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review system. AACSB accreditation is considered to be the hallmark of excellence in management education.