Graduate Certificate in Business
In today’s competitive market, additional business training can set you apart and prepare you for a more rewarding leadership role. The highly-regarded School of Management at the University of Michigan-Flint designed its Graduate Certificate in Business for students who obtained a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than business.
This certificate offers flexible formats to pursue courses, which are designed for busy working professionals. You’ll emerge from this program with a quality University of Michigan education which will prepare you with the financial, marketing, and management skills to become a valued and effective leader in your organization.
- No GMAT exam is required for admission
- Prepares individuals with management and leadership potential to become leaders in their fields and professions
- Courses are offered 100% online, Net+ hybrid, and hyperflex.
- You will be taking courses with MBA students, expanding your network, and experiencing the excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship of our MBA faculty.
- All successfully completed certificate courses are transferable to the UM-Flint MBA program if you apply and are admitted
The Classroom To The Boardroom
The Graduate Certificate in Business classes are taught by our expert MBA faculty who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to their instruction. From your faculty mentors, you’ll learn how these lessons transfer to the real-world applications of the boardroom and beyond. Your instructors will remain available and accessible to mentor and support you throughout your educational journey.
At UM-Flint, we are proud to have many dedicated advisors who are the experts students can rely upon to help guide their educational journey. Book an appointment today.
Admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business program is open to qualified graduates with a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in their bachelor’s degree. The applicant must also have completed a college-level math, statistics, or quantitative course to be eligible for the program. The GMAT or GRE is not required for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business. Students with a business bachelor’s degree are encouraged to pursue the MBA program.
To be considered for admission, submit an online application below. Other materials can be emailed to [email protected] or delivered to the Office of Graduate Programs, 251 Thompson Library.
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $55 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- For any degree completed at a non-US institution, official transcripts must be submitted for credential review to an approved credentialing agency. You must submit your transcripts for a course-by-course evaluation. Once the evaluation is completed, the transcript course-by-course evaluation report must be submitted to the University of Michigan-Flint. This document must be submitted directly from the transcript evaluation company.
- If English is not your native language, and you are not from an exempt country, you must demonstrate English proficiency.
- Statement of Purpose: a one-page, typed response to the following question: “What are your career objectives and how will a Graduate Certificate in Business contribute to accomplishing these goals?”
- Résumé, including all professional and educational experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Students from abroad must submit additional documentation.
This program is fully online. Admitted students will not be able to obtain a student (F-1) visa to pursue this degree. However, students living outside of the US may complete this program online in their home country. Other nonimmigrant visa holders currently in the United States please contact the Center for Global Engagement at [email protected].
- Fall Final Deadline: August 1
- Winter: December 1
- Summer: April 1
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Member institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review system. AACSB accreditation is considered to be the hallmark of excellence in management education.