An Education Designed for Future Business Leaders
Businesses today operate in a global environment that is constantly evolving and changing. The key to success is the ability to adapt and respond quickly. Companies cannot rely solely on developing competitive advantages in new markets, technologies, and products without employing top-quality employees who have the knowledge, skills, values, and attitude to succeed. Through team-based projects, lectures, assignments, case analyses and class discussions, the University of Michigan-Flint prepares our students to meet today’s challenges and shape tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
- International Business
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resources
- Business Administration/Accounting: MBA/MSA
- Business Administration/Computer Science & Information Systems: MBA/MS
- Business Administration/Leadership & Organization Dynamics: MBA/MS
- Liberal Studies/Business Certificate: MA/Certificate
- Occupational Therapy/Business Administration: OTD/MBA
- Physical Therapy/Business Administration: DPT/MBA
- Nursing Practice/Business Administration: DNP/MBA
- Physician Assistant/Business Administration: MS/MBA
Interested in any of the programs above and have questions?
Schedule an appointment with Craig Gomolka, Business Program Recruiter. Craig can answer all of your questions including applying, classes, and any other questions you have.
This is the gateway to the UM-Flint Intranet for all faculty, staff, and students. The Intranet is where you can visit additional department websites to get more information, forms, and resources that will be of assistance to you.
The University of Michigan-Flint School of Management understands students’ struggles to efficiently prepare for the GMAT. Starting now through September 1, 2021, SOM will be offering all students a GMAT waiver to a graduate business program. Read more here.
The School of Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education.
AACSB International accreditation assures stakeholders that business schools:
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant mission.
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Provide high-caliber teaching of quality and current curricula.
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and a qualified faculty.
- Produce graduates who have achieved specific learning goals.
Rankings & Recognition
UM-Flint’s BBA program ranked #1 in Michigan and top 20 in the country for online bachelor of business programs.
SOM part-time MBA program recognized by the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Business Programs: 2020 & 2021.”
The UM-Flint School of Management Part-Time MBA program is recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Graduate Business Programs: 2022”
SOM was recognized in the top 15 best business schools in Michigan by Best Value Schools in 2020.
SOM was recognized by The Best School’s Top 50 Most Affordable Online Business Degrees in 2019.
UM-Flint’s BBA with a major in accounting program is recognized as one of the 30 Best Online Programs.
The TFE Times ranks UM-Flint’s MSA program as 107th in the U.S. on its list for the Best Master of Accounting Programs in 2019.
Named one of the top military-friendly schools by GI Jobs, which ranks UM-Flint in the top 15% of all colleges, universities, and trade schools nationwide.
CEO Magazine selected SOM in 2019 as a Tier One and 2020 Tier Two MBA program.
Study.com has ranked theUniversity of Michigan-Flint #47 on our list 2021 Best Bachelor’s Degrees in Human Resources.
UM-Flint is committed to helping students earn their degree. Blue For You connects students to amazing scholarships, grants and resources that make a difference. Explore all the ways Blue For You provides outstanding support.