The Recreation Center is free to University of Michigan-Flint students attending classes for the current semester. Students not currently enrolled, as well as university faculty, staff, their families, and the general public may use the facility by purchasing a membership.
The prices listed are per person. Ages 62 and over and children 12 and under receive 50% off of the listed prices. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express). Payroll deduction is available for UM employees.
*University Affiliate: U-M faculty/staff and household members of currently enrolled students of any U-M campus.
- Day-Use Lockers: Day-use lockers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for patrons wishing to bring their own lock. Please note: contents may not be left overnight and will be removed by staff at the end of every week.
- Rental Lockers: For students and members, the Recreation Center offers half-length lockers with built-in combinations for rent. Seniors 62 and older and children 12 and under receive 50% off of the listed prices.
Interested in signing up for a locker? Fill out this form!
Want to bring a friend? Get a one-day guest pass for $12. A current member or student must sponsor each guest. A sponsor may bring up to 4 guests. Guests ages 62 and older, and children ages 12 and under, receive 50% off.
Renewing Your Membership
You will receive an email reminder two weeks before your membership expires. You can renew your membership online, in person, or over the phone.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Cancellations: If at any point you would like to cancel your membership or locker or take someone off of your account, please submit a cancellation form
- Cancellations received by the 15th of the month: Membership(s) will expire on the 25th of the same month, and automatic charges will stop with that month’s payment.
- Cancellations received after the 15th of the month will expire on the 25th of the following month, and automatic charges will stop after that month’s deduction.
Please note: there will be a $25 cancellation fee for perpetual memberships that have not been active for at least 1 year.
- Refunds: Memberships are non-refundable, except for medical and health conditions, deployment, or extraneous circumstances. Money is refunded by the same payment method (ex: if you paid with a visa card, your refund would go back onto the same visa card). Please note: there is a 6-8 week processing period for check refunds. To request a refund, please fill out our refund request form.