Department of Public Safety
103 Hubbard Building
602 Mill Street
Flint, MI 48503
Emergencies: 911 – Police, Fire, Medical
Non-Emergency: (810) 762-3333
Fax: (810) 237-6511
Continuous Improvement to Service
If you would like to compliment the actions of, or file a complaint against, an employee of the University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety (DPS), there are four ways to do this:
In Person: Come to DPS. Go to the dispatch office and explain your purpose. A DPS Dispatcher will put you in contact with an on-duty Police Supervisor.
Via Telephone: Call (810) 762-3333 and explain your purpose. A DPS Dispatcher will put you in contact with an on-duty Police Supervisor.
Via Traditional Mail: Send your written communication to DPS at 602 Mill Street; 103 Hubbard Building; Flint, MI 48502-1950; Attention: Chief of Police.
Via On-line Form Submission: To file a compliment or complaint use the on-line form submission.
The DPS Complaint Brochure: This brochure is a summary of police department policies and procedures; it is not a complete account of the professional standards investigation, discipline, and appeal process. Complaints can be filed and processed on actions by any employee of DPS.
Patricia Sellinger is the chief Freedom of Information officer at the University of Michigan. She may be reached by phone at (734) 763-5082. The office is responsible for handling FOIA requests made to the Flint and Dearborn campuses as well as to the Ann Arbor campus.
- Written FOIA requests should be sent to the University of Michigan FOIA Office, 2025 Fleming Building, 503 Thompson Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1340.
- Requests can be faxed to the office at (734) 763-1399.
- They can also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please specify with as much detail as possible the records you wish to inspect and/or receive copies of. For example, if applicable please include the time period involved, and the department where the documents may be located, if you know it.
- Please include your mailing address and daytime phone number, as well as an e-mail address and fax number if applicable.
Department of Public Safety Staff
Executive Police Sergeant
Flint Urban Safety Corp, Program Director