Resources for Finding Vaccines in Your Area
We know it can be difficult to find up-to-date information about vaccine availability in your area. A website many patients have found helpful is VaccineMI.com, a community-driven effort to help Michiganders access up-to-date information about vaccine availability throughout Michigan.
For information regarding vaccination clinics within the UM system and outside clinics, please click here.
There are several ways you can look for vaccination providers near you.
- Vaccine supply is readily available through the Genesee County Health Department (GCHD). Click here for more information about specific GCHD walk in and appointment clinic locations.
- Check the MDHHS Vaccination website for other vaccination opportunities outside of Genesee County but within the state of Michigan.
- Text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find vaccine locations near you.
- If you live outside of Michigan, you can visit Vaccines.gov to find vaccination providers near you. In some states, information may be limited while more vaccination providers and pharmacies are being added. Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccination Locations on Vaccines.gov.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination appointments are available. Find out which pharmacies are participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
- Contact your state health department to find additional vaccination locations in the area.
Fall Registered Students
Total Verified: 4017
Awaiting Verification: 8
Rejected or Incomplete: 516
% Verified: 62.71%
Total verified: 443
Awaiting Verification: 0
Rejected or Incomplete: 28
% Verified: 70.77%
Total verified: 367
Awaiting Verification: 0
Rejected or Incomplete: 22
% Verified: 80.48%
Get Vaccinated UM-Flint!
The University of Michigan-Flint has joined the White House COVID-19 Vaccine Challenge. All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
Students – Report your Vaccination Here!
Join the fight as we look forward to being together again this Fall!
Reporting Vaccination Status
Students, faculty, and staff are asked to self-report their vaccination information as soon as possible via Wolverine Access using the same COVID-19 tool launched in April to collect student vaccination information. You will be asked to verify your vaccination information from your vaccine card in order to be qualified to remove your face covering indoors. It may take five days to verify your vaccination information before you receive a confirmation notice that you are able to go without wearing a face covering on campus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Concerned about getting the vaccine? This video addresses questions and concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are hesitant about receiving the vaccine or know someone who is, this video is for you.
Vaccination Incentive Program
To encourage everyone to get a vaccine, we are launching a Vaccination Incentive Program beginning June 28. UM-Flint students, faculty, and staff who get vaccinated and submit their vaccination information will be eligible for prize drawings scheduled to begin in the coming weeks. We will have two programs, one for students and one for faculty and staff. The incentives for each program include:
- Weekly drawings for one cash prize of $100
- Monthly drawings for a larger cash prize of $1,000 for the next 2 months
- One Grand Prize drawing for $3,000
Science has shown that vaccinated people help to mitigate the spread of the virus and variants, which significantly contributes to our ability to return to regular campus operations and to protecting the health and safety of others. If you have not received your vaccine, we strongly encourage you to do so now.
As the state continues to make additional changes to current COVID-19 protocols, we will continue to review policies here at UM-Flint in consultation with colleagues across the greater University of Michigan enterprise. Thank you for your ongoing cooperation, and we hope to reach our community goal together!