Welcome and Overview
Welcome! The Center for Gender and Sexuality (CGS) focuses on supporting all students, faculty, and staff to deepen and enrich awareness on all issues related to gender and sexuality. Specifically, CGS has five specific goals:
- Oppose inequities and barriers imposed on women and LGBTQIA+ individuals through research, policy, and advocacy;
- Provide educational programs (stand-alone programs like bystander intervention and inclusive sex education and academically integrated content through coursework and faculty collaboration);
- Connect individuals with needed resources and support for those experiencing domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, or stalking;
- Develop and maintain a peer education program and peer education training program to provide in-person face-to-face training on gender and sexuality;
- Develop allies and advocates to foster a safe, inclusive campus environment for all.
The mission of the UM-Flint Center for Gender and Sexuality is to provide opportunities for all members of the UM-Flint community to explore, organize, and promote learning around issues of gender and sexuality. The center also facilitates a greater responsiveness to the needs of women and LGBTQIA+ communities through outreach, education, and advocacy.
Please note that the Facebook Group is closed so you will need to send a request to join the group. We hope to share more direct information with our followers and foster discussion among the group members. The Facebook page is intended for those that just want to know about our events but will not allow comments or posts.