Event & Building Services is dedicated to working with each client determining their specific planning needs and will match them up with the venue that is most ideal. For availability, rental rates, questions about spaces or to schedule a tour, please complete our event inquiry form.
Harding Mott University Center
- Michigan Rooms
- Happenings Room
- Kiva Auditorium
- Alumni Conference Room
- Superior Conference Room
- Loving Lounge
- Distribution Tables
- Grand Ballroom
- Park Place
- Carriage Room
- Conference Room #701
- McKinnon Plaza
- Willson Park
- UCEN North Lawn
- UPAV South Lawn
- WSW Lawn
- UPAV Outdoor Rink
- Parking Lots/Ramps
Riverfront Conference Center
- Conference Center
- Expo Center
- Genesee Room
- Shiawassee Conference Room
- Lapeer Conference Room
- Distribution Tables
William S. White Building
- Tuscola Room
- C.S. Mott Foundation Conference Room
- Huron Conference Room
- Distribution Tables
For availability and rental rates, please contact the Recreation Center.
For availability and rental rates, please contact the University Theatre.
- All event spaces must be scheduled through Event & Building Services (EBS). A signed rental agreement is required before a room/space is confirmed. Renters may only use rooms/space they have reserved on the rental agreement.
- A security deposit is required and is in addition to the rental fees. Security deposit will be refunded within 45 days of the event provided no damage has been incurred to the premises and rental fees have been paid in full.
- All fees must be paid in advance of the event. One half of the rental fees are due 180 days prior to the event. The balance of the rental fees are due 30 days prior to the event.
- Failure to meet payment schedule may cause cancellation of event and forfeiture of security deposit and/or rental fees.
- User shall not have the right to assign or transfer the agreement or to sublet any or part of the premises.
- User is responsible for all areas of UM-Flint used during the event including damage caused by you, your guests, employees, independent contractors or agents.
- Willful or careless damage to university property or equipment may necessitate a replacement and/or repair charge.
- User agrees to indemnify hold harmless the university and its Board of Regents, employees, and agents from any claim for bodily injury or property damage which may be asserted against one or all of them by the Users or the User’s guests and invitees arising out of the event.
- A tentative reservation may be held for 14 days. Security deposit and signed rental agreement are required to confirm reservation. Rental fees are outlined on rental agreement.
- If a cancellation is more than 180 days before the event, then the security deposit is forfeited. If a cancellation is less than 180 days before the event, the security deposit and prepaid rental fees are forfeited.
- In the event that the rented premises are destroyed or damaged in any way, or conditions exist beyond the control of UM-Flint, the agreement may be terminated and all deposits and/or rental fees returned.
- Renters and representatives shall abide by all university and EBS policies, regulations, and guidelines, including all local, state and federal laws. The renter is responsible for the actions of all participants. Violation of any university or EBS policy may result in civil or criminal charges. EBS reserves the right to approve all reservations.
- A representative of the group must be present and remain on-site during the pre-arranged times outlined on the confirmation or agreement. Overtime charges may be assessed when individuals remain in the facilities beyond the pre-arranged times.
- An event planning meeting is required with EBS, outlining event details and room setup.
- All event plans including external entertainment vendors must be approved in advance by EBS. Some event vendors may be required to have proof of liability insurance depending on the nature of the entertainment.
- A timeline for set up and teardown, including all vendors must be coordinated with EBS at least 14 days in advance.
- If an event has vendor tables or booths, a list of vendors and items they will be selling must be given to EBS at least 14 days in advance.
- Rental rates are based on 4 hour increments. Facility hours will be the basis for determining rental rates, including outdoor locations. Events scheduled after facility hours or during holiday periods may incur additional fees.
- EBS offers a wide variety of audio/visual and other equipment available at an additional charge. Equipment requests are subject to availability and must be made at least 21 days prior to the event.
- All decorating plans (inside or outside) must be approved in advance by EBS.
- Pins, tacks, or any piercing mechanism is prohibited from use in any reservable room, on tables, chairs, walls or ceiling as well as on equipment.
- Hanging anything on the walls of event spaces is strictly prohibited. A fee will be assessed and charged to the customer if there is any damage to the wall.
- The use of confetti, rice, tinsel, glitter, etc. is prohibited.
- Items may not be attached to light fixtures, sprinkler heads, woodwork, window treatments or any wall.
- Open flames and burning of incense is prohibited including candles. LED candles are allowed.
- Doorways, hallways, corridors, staircases and fire exits cannot be blocked or obstructed at any time.
- All electrical cords must be appropriately secured to the floor. EBS must approve methods of securing cords.
- The use of any type of balloon is strictly prohibited.
- The university may require Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers to be present at an event. The number of DPS personnel and fees will be determined by DPS.
- Gaming Events and Raffles
- Smoke Free Campus
Bar Service for the UM-Flint campus can be arranged by contacting Event & Building Services (EBS). All alcohol must be dispensed by EBS staff, who have been trained and certified in alcohol management. EBS staff will supervise and tend to the bar service at the event. Service can easily be tailored to meet your needs.
- Parking ramps and lots are available for rent, contact EBS for details.
- Parking for Northbank Center (NBC) is available in the attached structure with limited availability during business hours at a cost per vehicle. Limited free remote parking is available.
- Buses that unload and remain on campus during events can park at the William S. White Building Parking Lot R, located on the corner of Saginaw St. and Robert T. Longway Blvd.
- Handicap parking is available on campus, for more information contact the Department of Public Safety.
Distribution & Material Tables
- Distribution tables are available for rent by contacting EBS.
- Distribution of flyers or products, or solicitation of any kind, for any purpose, is not permitted unless the group or individual rents a distribution table for these purposes.
- The University reserves the right to review all services and materials prior to the scheduled date.
- Products and/or materials that are distributed from rented tables must not conflict with campus policy. The possibility of a policy conflict must be determined in advance. If the policy conflict is discovered after the renter is using the table, then the renter may be asked to vacate the premises.
- Any group wishing to use the university logo in promotional material must receive written approval through the Office of Marketing & Digital Strategy. A draft of the promotional material must also be shared with the Office of Marketing & Digital Strategy prior to printing and/or production.
The UCEN and the UPAV are considered food service locations. Animals and pets are prohibited to be in these buildings without permission from EBS in advance of an event. Service animals are permitted. Service animals must be certified and have the proper identification.
Minors on Campus
All programs and activities that involve minor children fall under the SPG 601.34. It is the university department and/or recognized student organizations responsibility to ensure that all requirements of this SPG are met and followed in order to use university facilities to hold the program and activities. Information on program registration, background checks and other resources can be found here.