The University of Michigan-Flint and Grand Blanc High School (GBHS) introduce Grand Blanc Early College, a unique opportunity for Grand Blanc students to earn college credits while enrolled in GBHS for a fraction of the cost of traditional college tuition!
- Grand Blanc High School, in partnership with UM-Flint, has created an exclusive opportunity for Grand Blanc High School students.
- Students who choose to participate in this unique opportunity will commit to a five year high school and college experience.
- College courses during the 11th and 12th grade will focus on general education courses required for a four year/bachelor degree.
- Junior and senior students will take their high school and college classes on the Grand Blanc High School campus, taught by UM-Flint professors. Students will transition to the college campus during their 13th year.
- Students may select courses geared toward a specific degree during their 13th year of the Grand Blanc Early College program.
Grand Blanc Early College will establish high standards, engaging academic experiences and post-secondary opportunities within a supportive environment, resulting in high levels of student achievement.
Benefits of an Early College
GBEC will expand the traditional view of high school and increase student opportunities while minimizing or eliminating the factors that limit student success in college.
- Earn transferable college credit* while attending high school.
- Completing college courses taught by UM-Flint professors on the high school campus eases the transition from high school to college with dedicated support staff to mentor and guide students.
- Students maintain the ability to participate in HS sports (9th-12th) and after-school activities.
- Reduced financial burden on families sending students to college.
*Although UM-Flint credits are widely transferable colleges and universities maintain their own credit transfer policies.