Centered on Your Success
The Center for Educator Preparation (CEP) works closely with P-12 partners to enhance and support the experiences of education students at the University of Michigan-Flint. The CEP utilizes a student centered approach and brings together all of the services the university has to offer into one place to assist and support the success of future and current educators.
Our Support Services
Initial & Renewal of Certification Services
The CEP can assist teachers and students with the process for earning their Standard Teaching Certificate or their Professional Teaching Certificate, as well as how to take a Post-Baccalaureate route to earning a teaching certificate by returning as a Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD) student. Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree from any accredited university and are now interested in attaining a secondary teaching certificate and a master’s degree can do so through UM-Flint’s Master of Arts in Education with Secondary Certification (MAC). The MAC program is an alternate route to certification as authorized by the Michigan Department of Education.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification Support, Study Guides & Workshops
The Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) tests are vital to the success of a teacher candidate. CEP offers a variety of workshops, tutoring opportunities, and events throughout the year to provide educator candidates more opportunities to expand their knowledge in various subjects. To help prepare for the MTTC, CEP offers flashcards, online courses, practice tests, and study guides for many of the tests including Elementary Education, Language Arts (elementary and secondary), Social Studies (elementary and secondary), and Speech. MTTC fee waiver vouchers are available through the Office of Financial Aid.
Student Teacher Orientation, Field Experience Support & Guidance
All teacher candidates recommended for certification are required to student teach. CEP is committed to working with you to successfully complete your student teaching experience. The student teacher orientation gives you an opportunity to meet other teacher candidates, mentor teachers, faculty, and staff!
- The CAEP Annual Report Document for 2021 is available here.
- The 2020 Early Childhood Undergraduate Program (BA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Elementary Education Program (BA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Secondary Education Program (BA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Education with Secondary Certification (MAC) Program (MA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Early Childhood Graduate Program (MA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Education Specialist Program (ED.S) report is available here.
- The 2020 Educational Administration (WebPlus) Program (MPA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Educational Technology Program (MA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Inclusive Education Program (MA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Literacy Education Program (MA) report is available here.
- The 2020 Mathematics Education for Elementary and Early Childhood Program (MA) report is available here.
Listen to The Educator Lounge Podcast
The Educator Lounge Podcast is hosted and presented by the Center for Educator Preparation. The podcast focuses on examining the field of education and celebrating those that are dedicating their lives to the profession of education. Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Anchor FM.