What Sets UM-Flint's Accounting (MSA) Program Apart?
- Completing the required 150 semester hours will help you become a certified public accountant (CPA).
- This program will help improve your knowledge and understanding of accounting and your ability to think analytically and critically.
- Like all University of Michigan faculty, UM-Flint’s MSA instructors are true “leaders and best” – experienced, tested, and respected experts in their field.
- The UM-Flint MSA program is primarily offered in the NetPlus! mixed-mode format, a 15-to-18-month program that blends online coursework with on-campus sessions every six weeks.
Dual MBA and Master of Science in Accounting degree available
Note: Beginning Fall 2016, fall and winter terms will be 15 weeks long with residencies on 3rd and 11th Fridays/Saturdays. Spring and summer terms will be 7 weeks long with residencies on 2nd and 6th Fridays/Saturdays.
- As part of the world renowned University of Michigan system, UM-Flint can tap additional resources, expertise, and contacts at our sister campuses in Ann Arbor and Dearborn to assist our students, their research, and other initiatives.
- UM-Flint’s Innovation Incubator [IN] and "Michigan Family Business Center" (MFBC) are designed to serve as cooperative efforts among commercial enterprises, non-profit organizations and academic institutions to create robust networks and resources that enhance entrepreneurial leadership skills.
- UM-Flint's Master of Science in Accounting graduates will be prepared to complete the CPA Exam and other professional certifications in accounting.
- UM-Flint's MSA graduates are ready to compete for various challenging and rewarding accounting positions and careers.
In-Depth: MSA Program Options
The School of Management’s MSA program is designed to build on your undergraduate education by preparing you for careers in accounting. It enables you to complete the 150 semester hours required to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). The program is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, another business discipline, as well as non-business disciplines.
The MSA program is taught in the NetPlus! format. NetPlus! is an innovative, mixed-mode program that blends the personal interaction of traditional classroom activities with the anytime, anywhere convenience of modern online learning. It is designed to make the UM-Flint MSA program conveniently accessible to busy professionals from a wide range of geographic areas. Electives in the program are available in the Traditional and/or NetPlus! formats.
Weekend classroom sessions (Friday and Saturday), held every six weeks on campus, enhance the quality of the learning experience. Students typically enroll in two courses in the fall, winter, spring and summer terms (12-week terms) for program completion in under two years.
The UM-Flint MSA program is accredited by AACSB-International. AACSB is the highest accrediting body for business schools worldwide. Only 12% of business schools are accredited by AACSB. In accordance with AACSB, we subscribe to the highest standards in management education. We prepare students to contribute to their organizations, the larger society and to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. For more information, visit www.aacsb.edu.