Gender & Sexuality Theme Community
The Gender & Sexuality Theme Community is a collaboration with the Center for Gender & Sexuality (CGS) offering gender-inclusive housing for members of the LGBTQ+ community and supporters to live, learn and grow together through education, and peer-led programming, community outreach, and transformative dialogue. In addition, students will be invited to learn more about service through connecting with community organizations and/or participating in programming facilitated by CGS. Housed in our First Street Residence Hall, all first-year and sophomore students are invited to join this community, regardless of major.
Eligibility & Requirements
All students are eligible to participate in the themed community are required to adhere to the following expectations:
- Students are encouraged to attend weekly hall meetings with their First Street Residence Hall RAs and monthly CGS programming workshops throughout the semester
- Students will design a final project with a Lead Peer Educator from CGS which would include co-facilitating a workshop
- Participants will receive a certificate of participation following the completion of the program
- Students may apply who reside in the residence halls or participate through off-campus virtual meetings
All students are encouraged to consider participating in the Gender & Sexuality Theme Community. To express interest in living with us and learning more, please complete the following form. Express interest here!
Once submitted, we will be in contact soon with more information about the next steps in our process.
To express interest and apply to this Theme Community applicants must:
- Be admitted to UM-Flint
- Complete the Student Housing application
For more information on scholarships and grants that may be available, please visit our website.
If you are interested in learning more about the Center for Gender and Sexuality, visit our website as well as reach out should you have any questions at all.