The Recreation Center is open to the public through memberships, day passes, specialty fitness classes or youth camps, and is open to all enrolled students who are registered for classes for the current Fall, Winter semesters or Spring, Summer sessions via their MCard. The facility boasts features such as an indoor track, pool, spa, cardio and weight areas, plus much more to help you get, and stay, in shape!
- Fall Intramural Sports
- Club Sport Events Schedule
- Fall Fitness Class and U-Fit Schedule | September 3-December 21
Updates & Helpful Links
- Holiday Hours: The Recreation Center will have special hours/closures during the Winter Break. Details available on the Hours of Operation page.
- Limited Court Availability Mon-Wed Evenings: Winter semester means our students are here & active! This also means limited gym court availability from 5:30-10pm, Monday-Wednesday due to student activities. We encourage you to call ahead about a specific date if you wish to utilize the courts during those time frames: 810-762-3441
- Student Health Newsletter | text UMFLINT to 40691 to subscribe!
- Fall Sales Brochure
Ensure a successful transition to working out at the UM-Flint Rec Center with a free Equipment Orientation. Contact Jessica Viertlboeck at 810-424-5275 to schedule your appointment!
- Dont let the Cybex® Prestige machines, free weights or cardio equipment intimidate you. An equipment orientation is available for free to Rec Center members and UM-Flint students by appointment.
- Many of the Cybex® machines have demonstration QR codes for extra assistance.
- For individual questions, a trained attendant is always on duty and happy to help.
Tell us your thoughts in our survey.
Alhana K. , Student Employee
Q) Are you a student here at UM-Flint?
A) I recently graduated with degrees in Molecular Biology and Research Psychology--I also graduated with honors. I'm currently waiting to be accepted into PA school.
Q) How did you get started at the Rec Center?
A) I had a friend who worked here and recommended me and I just fell right in and haven't looked back.
Q) How long do you plan on working here?
A) Hopefully until I get into PA school. I like it because it is helping me prepare for my professional future.
Q) Best Part about working at the Rec Center?
A) Intermural sports--especially volleyball. Also, the comradery amongst the members and staff is great. Meeting and competing with people is a lot of fun as well.
Q) Any perks you would like to share about your job at the Rec Center?
A) For me, getting to know the ins and outs of an organization such as this has been very eye opening and preparing for when I eventually move on with my career and future.
Q) Anything you want to add?
A) I have a lot of love for this place because it got me back in the gym to help me lose weight and feel better. Also, "wally"-ball is amazing!