COVID-19 & International Travel
Your health and safety are our top priority. Therefore, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, international travel is limited. More information about the University of Michigan travel warnings, restrictions, and the COVID-19 Safety Plan approval process is available here. Information regarding the COVID-19 response at the University of Michigan-Flint is available here.
Study Abroad at UM-Flint!
Studying abroad is a transformative experience. You will learn to think in new ways, encounter differences, and reconsider perspectives. Your experiences living and learning abroad will create new opportunities for your academic, professional, and personal growth. And, studying abroad is easier and more affordable than you may think.
Why study abroad?
- It’s free to apply
- It’s affordable
- Gain in-demand language and intercultural skills
- Receive credit for your academic program
With over 900 programs in over 60 countries, there are programs for nearly every major, language, and area of interest!
Studying abroad is as easy as:
- Review our study abroad programs here.
- Apply to up to three programs, for free!
- Meet with the Education Abroad Coordinator to determine the best program to suit your academic and financial needs.
Faculty-Led Study Abroad
The Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program offers short-term study abroad programs to allow UM-Flint students to experience the world. These global learning trips give students the opportunity to travel with their peers and faculty leaders and provide them with the academic experience of the cultures, customs, and histories of the destinations.
Benefits of Faculty-Led Programs
- Significantly enhances one’s teaching, research, and service
- Provides global competence which can then be passed on to students
- Affords an opportunity to connect with students in a more meaningful way as opposed to large lecture-style courses
- Adds experiential learning objectives to your courses
- Provides a fully-supported method for one to travel and conduct academic work abroad
- Classes are taught by UM-Flint faculty
- Students earn credit towards their major, minor and/or degree program
- Programs are pre-planned and structured
- Programs are sponsored by UM-Flint departments/schools/colleges
- Students have the opportunity to build strong connections with UM-Flint faculty members
For more information regarding Faculty-Led Study Abroad, please contact Lamis Alqafshat at firstname.lastname@example.org.