International Students

The University of Michigan-Flint welcomes applications from prospective international students who have earned a bachelor's degree. The information on these pages will assist you as you consider UM-Flint for graduate study.

Additional information can also be found on the International Center's page

International Requirements

In addition to materials required of all students, international students must provide additional documentation at the time of application:

  • Certificate of graduation or diploma indicating conferral of the bachelor's degree and the date it was conferred.  (If you attended a college or university that includes degree information on the transcript or marksheet, a certificate or diploma is not necessary.)
  • English Proficiency: If English is not your native language, you must demonstrate English proficiency.  Click the link for details.
  • Financial Certification: International students seeking an F-1 visa must submit an Affidavit of Financial Support form with supporting documentation. This document can be accessed through iService. It is used to determine whether you are eligible for admission. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Our Frequently Asked Questions page offers answers to common questions asked by international students.