What Sets UM-Flint's Business Administration (MBA) Program Apart?
- The force that drives UM-Flint’s MBA program is team-based project work, an approach to learning that draws directly from today’s most successful business approaches to innovation, implementation, risk management, decision-making, and more.
- UM-Flint’s MBA program allows you to develop more in-depth competency in specialized areas through concentrations in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Health Care Management, International Business, Lean Manufacturing, and Marketing.
- The UM-Flint MBA is offered in two delivery formats to fit your lifestyle:
- Traditional: on-campus, 20- to 32-month program with classes in the evening
- NetPlus!: mixed-mode, 15- to 24-month program that blends online learning with on-campus sessions every six weeks on Friday and Saturday
- Dual degree programs available:
- MBA/MSA in Accounting
- MBA/MS in Computer Science and Information Systems
- MBA/MS in Lean Manufacturing (with Kettering University)
- MBA/Doctor of Anesthesia Practice
- MBA/Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Customized program plans allow you to complete the program at your desired pace.
- UM-Flint’s Innovation Incubator [IN] and “Michigan Family Business Center” (MFBC) are designed to serve as cooperative efforts among commercial enterprises, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions to create robust networks and resources that enhance entrepreneurial leadership skills.
- As part of the world renowned University of Michigan system, UM-Flint can tap additional resources, expertise, and contacts at our sister campuses in Ann Arbor and Dearborn to assist our students, their research, and other initiatives.
In-Depth: MBA Program Options
TRADITIONAL (20-32 MONTHS)*
The Traditional format is geared towards students who learn more effectively in the classroom with courses offered in the evening on the UM-Flint campus. Small class sizes and frequent meetings greatly enhance your peer interactions and faculty consultations, helping you to build lifelong professional networks. Students typically enroll in two courses in the fall and winter terms, and one course in the spring or summer term. You may pursue the Traditional MBA program on a full-time basis by taking three courses (nine credit hours) in the fall and winter terms.
NETPLUS! (15-24 MONTHS)*
NetPlus! is a mixed-mode format that blends the anytime, anywhere convenience of modern online learning with on-campus classroom activities twice a semester. On-campus weekend sessions (Friday and Saturday) every six weeks substantially increase the quality of the learning experience and give you the opportunity to make lasting business contacts. The format is designed to be conveniently accessible to busy professionals from a wide geographic area. Students typically enroll in courses in the fall, winter, spring and summer semesters (12 week terms).
*Program length varies based on General MBA versus MBA with a concentration as well as foundation course waivers an idividual may qualify for.
The UM-Flint MBA is accredited by AACSB International. AACSB is the highest accrediting body for business schools worldwide. Only 12% of business schools are accredited by AACSB. In accordance with AACSB, the University of Michigan-Flint subscribes to the highest standards in management education. We prepare students to contribute to their organizations, the larger society and to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. (www.aacsb.edu)